Virginia Cancer Specialists has been re-accredited for the prestigious Accreditation Program for Excellence (APEx) distinction from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
The Radiation Oncology Office at Virginia Cancer Specialists, 8613 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA 22031, has been awarded a four-year term as an APEx-accredited facility. This award is a result of our ongoing commitment to superb patient care complimented by excellence. APEx is an accreditation program promoting evidence-backed systems, processes, and policies that support quality improvement in radiation oncology practices.
Why choosing an APEx-accredited radiation oncology facility is important for patients?
The ASTRO Accreditation Program for Excellence (APEx) is an independent radiation oncology practice accreditation program. The program is based on a comprehensive set of sixteen standards of radiation oncology practice, organized around five pillars of patient care:
- The process of care
- The radiation oncology team
- Quality management
- Patient-centered care
When you choose an APEx-accredited facility, you know that:
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a rigorous review process by trained radiation oncology professionals.
- Our facility’s policies and procedures have been evaluated using objective, verifiable expectations for performance in radiation oncology.
- Our facility is committed to the highest standards of safety and quality in the practice of radiation oncology.
- Our facility practices patient-centered care by promoting effective communication, coordination of treatment and engaging patients and their families as partners in care.
Thank you and congratulations to the Radiation Oncology Team at Virginia Cancer Specialists.
Dr. Sibley and Dr. Agbahiwe- Virginia Cancer Specialists